Easy Recipe to Try: Black Sambo

Black Sambo was one of the first recipes I learned from my mother when I started my catering business back in 2006. When I introduced it to my friends, everyone were quite amazed with how wonderful it tasted. Today, it is one of the most ordered desert by my regular customers. Black Sambo is a two layered gelatin made of creamy milk and Chocolate. As I was browsing in the Internet, I came across several almost the same recipes that made me want to share my own. I have invested in several plastic molders circular in shape that makes the Sambo so much prettier when presented.

First Layer:

Cake Recipes

1/2 cup of Boiling Water
1 can Nestle Cream
1 can Condensed Milk (big)
2 envelopes Knox Gelatin (unflavored)

Procedure:

Mix Condense milk and Nestle Cream together until smooth

Dissolve gelatin in Boiling water, let it cool and strain.

Combine it together with the milk mixture. Chill in the refrigerator.

Second Layer:

1/2 cup Boiling Water
1/2 cup Hershey Chocolate powder
1 can Evaporated Milk (big)
3/4 cup Refined Sugar
2 envelopes Knox Gelatin (unflavored)

Procedure:

Combine sugar and chocolate powder together with the evaporated milk.

Mix well until smooth.

Dissolve gelatin in water then combine it with the milk mixture.

Once the first layer is almost firm, put in the second layer slowly; let it chill. Note: It is best not to wait too long to put in the second layer so that both layers will stick to each other when you serve it.

This recipe is so easy to do-everyone should try it! You can serve it topped with Hershey Chocolate syrup or shredded chocolate but others prefer it as it is.

Easy Recipe to Try: Black Sambo

Charlene is a freelance writer who writes on various niches especially in regards to health, food/cooking, family and relationships, self help and self improvement. To avail of her writing services, you can contact her at lynne.sampilo@hotmail.ph. To know more about the writer, you can visit her personal website: http://lynnesampilo.wordpress.com